Monday, January 1, 2018

January 1st, 2018
I am not sure if I will keep this up at all but I wanted to try to post a little summary of the day. 99% of it will be mundane but hopefully in a year I will look back and pull a nugget or two to put into a memory book.

Today is the first day of a new year. It is wet and cold outside, so we decided to make it a low key day. Most of the morning I was in a post migraine fog. Harmony declared a mommy and me day. We finished a Christmas movie we started a few nights ago. I then built her new lego frozen castle. After the castle we played a couple board games. The first game we played was snakes and ladders. Harmony won this game. She then chose checkers. This was her second time playing so I helped her with the moves but I did win the game. Harmony started to have a meltdown because she lost. I remember this with Timothy when he was her age. David came in and we had a long talk with her and hopefully she will take losing better. One example was if she won all the games with her friends would she like it. She said no because they would be sad. A few tickles and she was laughing.
 I built the cat's their new tower (with Harmony's help). She got to play with her bath crayons in the shower.
We also had a fantastic tea party with her fur real tiger. We "drank" hot cocoa, tea, lemonade, stone soup, orange juice,  and water. We finished the day with more games and hot wheels.
Timothy spend the morning and afternoon doing school work then headed to the game store for a DnD session. An uneventful but relaxing day at home.

Until next time....hopefully tomorrow.

No comments: